Grammy Worthy Party Ideas
- Lovely Gold Mason Jars make for gorgeous centerpieces (with or without flowers), adorable drink-holders, even memorable favors. Instructions
- Can we get some props for our Golden Props: Dollar Store plastic microphones, guitars and saxophones, sprayed with the same gold paint you used on your mason jars scattered about the room and table make the room will make your guests go gaga.
- Fold napkins as envelopes and affix with a gold seal sticker.
- Gold star confetti scattered on a red table runner completes the scene
The Blurred Lines: Inspired by Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” (up for the Record of the Year award), the mix masters of Beacher’s Madhouse at Las Vegas’s MGM Grand to whipped up this for you good girls
1½ oz. vodka
¼ oz. coffee liqueur (like Kahlúa)
¼ oz. hazelnut liqueur (like Frangelico)
Mix the first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker, then strain into a rocks glass. Add ice and finish off with soda water. No garnish needed
The Red Martini: Tailored to Ms. Swift fans. A little bit of sweet and sour
1/2 oz schnapps (butterscotch)
2 ozs vodka
2 ozs apple schnapps (sour, dekuyper sour apple pucker)
2 ozs cranberry juice
Pour the butterscotch schnapps, vodka, apple schnapps, and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into a chilled martini glass to serve.
Great b(eat) and easy to munch to:
1 box fillo shells (15 shells)
1/3 cup diced cucumber (1/4-inch dice)
1/3 cup diced red peppers (1/4-inch dice)
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped Kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the fillo shells on a baking sheet and heat for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cucumbers, peppers, feta and olives in a mixing bowl.
- Divide evenly among the shells.
Makes 1 large or 2 small pizzas
1 basic pizza dough
3/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces, about 5 slices Canadian bacon, finely chopped
6 slices Applewood smoked bacon, cooked and finely chopped
1/2 pound Brie, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Baby arugula for garnish
- Use basic pizza dough. Divide into 2 balls if making 2 smaller pizzas or leave if making a large pizza and roll out dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place the pizza crust(s) on baking sheets. Use 2 separate baking sheets if making smaller pizzas.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust(s).
- Scatter the Canadian bacon over the sauce and bake in oven for 6 to 8 minutes to begin cooking crust and slightly brown Canadian bacon.
- Remove pizzas from oven and lay the slices of Brie cheese over the top. Return to the oven for another 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crusts turn golden brown and crisp on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and then top with Applewood smoked bacon.
- Garnish with baby arugula.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Vote for or just follow the winners and losers online: